Talking Points for Life (TPfL) is the passion project of its Editors. Too many people are left wandering through Reddit threads and Quora posts looking for advice on what to say. TPfL is designed to be a one-stop shop for ready-to-use messages for any situation.
Communication is tricky. We all bring our own biases, emotions and histories to the table. This site will help you navigate those tricky subjects, allowing you to build healthier and happier relationships.
☕Like what you see and want to keep it coming? Buy us a cup of coffee!
💬 Want to give us feedback? We’d love that! Drop a note in our Suggestion Box.
About the Editors
Hailey Wilson, Main Editor
I have more than 15 years of experience managing communications for disasters of all shapes and sizes. Some of the crisis situations I’ve worked with:
- data breaches
- nuclear events
- winter storms, historic wildfires, hurricanes
- corporate scandals, workforce reductions
- active shooter events, employee fatalities
In that time, I’ve learned a lot about communication and people. I’ve seen the power of applying the skills I’ve learned in these disasters to crazy social situations like nosy neighbors or warring family members. In Talking Points for Life, I’ve created a way to download what I’ve learned in the hopes of helping someone — anyone — navigate this crazy world more easily.
Kathy Irminger, Supporting Editor + Contributor
I’m your in-house Southern grandmother. Here’s what to know about me and why I might be able to help answer your toughest questions:
- I’m the mother of two girls and grandmother of two boys.
- I’m 65 years-old and I was born and raised in the beautiful yet unforgiving hills of Appalachia.
- I’m a retired environmental chemist.
- I’ve been married for more than 40 years.
- I’ve survived the deaths of my parents.
- I kept my family together when my husband suffered heart failure and helped him lose 80lbs in a year!
I have had a lot of life experiences from which to draw for giving thoughtful and meaningful advice and guidance. I don’t know everything — but don’t try telling me that!
(This bio was written by my daughter, Hailey Wilson 😝).