How to say you’re not ready to move forward after an apology
- Apologies given are not always automatically accepted. That’s the right of the wronged person.
- If you don’t want to start World War III but you want to be true to yourself, use this guide to turn down an apology with respect.
- Thank you for apologizing and explaining your side to me.
- I’m still no ready to talk though. Again, I appreciate the apology, but I still have a lot to process and I need space to do that.
- I know you’re sorry but I just need more time to heal from this.
- I don’t feel ready to move forward; it’s going to take me some time.
- It will take me time to heal from the hurt. I know you regret it, but knowing that can’t undo what’s been done.