- 🙅🏼♀️ How to decline a request for money
- 🤑 How to ask your friends for money
- 💳 How to apologize for a late payment
- Be honest and transparent – tell them as soon as you know you will not be able to pay on time.
- Don’t overshare – unless they ask for a reason, they don’t care.
- Have a plan – be sure you tell them what you can do and when you can do it.
- If the person to whom you owe money is a friend or personal connection, tell him or her in person or over the phone — not in text. Expect them to react negatively no matter how you deliver the message. This can bring out feelings of betrayal, anger, anxiety. Money is always a sensitive topic.
- Pay them back, and when you do, repeat your apology.
- Hi <Name>, I’m calling because I’m sorry to tell you that I will not be able to pay you back/ pay the bill by the time we agreed.
- You have every right to be angry or disappointed and I’m truly sorry for being unable to meet my commitment.
- I’m doing everything I can to correct this mistake and pay your back in full [or with interest] by <date>.
- I’m so sorry again for this. Thank you for understanding.