- Losing a pet can hurt as much (and in some cases, more) as losing a human loved one.
- Even if you’re not a pet lover (and maybe especially if you’re not one), use these talking points to give comfort.
- The passing of a pet is like losing a member of the family.
- May memories of happy times console you during this time.
- May the happy memories of your pet ease the pain of his/her loss.
- A pet is always an important part of the family and your loss was felt deeply by all.
- I know how much <name of pet> meant to you. He/she was such a wonderful <type of animal>. He/She was so incredibly loved and well cared for. He/she was lucky to have you.
- I know there’s nothing anyone can say or do to lessen the hurt in your heart right now. The love and connection we have our <dogs/cats> is such a unique bond that I think you have to experience it to understand it.
- <Name> will be in your heart forever and he/she knows you love him/her.
- Let me know if you need anything.