- ✋🏾 How to set boundaries with a partner
- Just like anything that needs to grow, a relationship needs oxygen – space to breathe.
- It’s more than okay to ask your partner for a little space. An understanding and supportive partner will understand your needs.
- Sometimes it can be hard though why “less time with them” is a good thing. It’s really easy to take a request for space seriously.
- Use this guide to frame the conversation in the most empathetic and effective way.
- You know I love you so much, right?
- And just because I need me-time every now and then doesn’t have anything to do with how I feel about you or our relationship.
- I just need me-time to clear my head, meditate, and focus on my needs. When we get back together, I will feel stronger and healthier and will be able to be a better partner to you.
- Even before you came into my life, I always needed time alone to reset. It’s just part of my personality and is a need that I don’t get to choose to have.
- I hope you understand why this is important to me and that you know that I love you very much.
- Let’s plan on doing something fun when I get back.