- Ask yourself – do you really need to teach this person? Why is that your job?
- That said, there are plenty of occasions when a correction is called for:
- Scenario 1: Someone you care about is making a fool of herself.
- Scenario 2: Your boundary has been crossed.
- Scenario 3: Someone keeps doing something dumb that’s now impacting you.
- Scenario 4: Someone is being hurt or will be hurt.
- How to give feedback
- ⛔ How to set boundaries
- ✋🏾 How to set boundaries with a partner
|I wanted to take the time to reply to your email thoughtfully and with care as I know your heart and intentions are good.|
|Many wonderful friends have loved me enough to coach me on tricky topics (like <topic>) so that I can see new perspectives and represent myself as I intend. I hope I can do the same for you, so please take my words in the spirit of love and sisterhood! To make sure that there are no misunderstandings between us, I went ahead and put time on the calendar for us to chat.|
|<Be concise with your correction: Situation, Behavior, Impact>|
|I’m looking forward to continuing our dialogue on <date>. Thank you for being so open to my candor!|
|Please know this is given in the spirit of love and friendship…|